Search within Results
- Authors, American--19th century--Biography (1)
- Authors, American--Biography (1)
- Description and travel (1)
- History--Fiction (1)
- Sailors--Juvenile fiction (1)
- Social life and customs (1)
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Juvenile fiction (1)
- United States--History--Juvenile fiction (1)
- more >>
The electronic version of this item was provided by the Wayne State University Library System and is freely accessible through the Wayne State University Libraries Digital Collections.
"The first copies contained a plate at p. 441 showing Mark Twain in flames. This was omitted from later issues at the request of the author'swife. Some of the first edition sheets, containing this plate at p. 441,were later found and turned over to Webster & Co. who issued them with their own t.p. and substituted their name for that of Osgood at the base of the spine." Cf. Merle Johnson. A bibliography of Mark Twain, 1935, p. 42.