Search within Results
- Church history (1)
- Ethnic relations (1)
- French-Canadians--History (1)
- French-Canadians--Ontario--Windsor Region--History (1)
- HISTORY / Canada / Pre-Confederation (to 1867) (1)
- History (1)
- HistoryCatholic Church. Archdiocese of Detroit (Mich.) (1)
- RELIGION / Christian Church / History (1)
- Relations (1)
- more >>
The publication of this volume in a freely accessible digital format has been made possible by a major grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Mellon Foundation through their Humanities Open Book Program.
Seasons of Grace is a history of the Catholic Church and community in southern lower Michigan from the 1830s through the 1950s. More than a chronicle of clerical successions and institutional expansion, the book also examines those social and cultural influences that affected the development of the Catholic community.
To document the course of institutional growth in the diocese, Tentler devotes a portion of the book to tracing the evolution of administrative structures at the Chancery a…