Search within Results
- Literature, Modern (2)
- Literature, Modern--Michigan--Detroit (2)
- African American businesspeople (1)
- African American businesspeople--Michigan--Detroit (1)
- BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Entertainment & Performing Arts (1)
- Fiction (1)
- History (1)
- Hotelkeepers (1)
- Hotelkeepers--Michigan--Detroit--Biography (1)
- Louis, Joe , 1914-1981 (1)
- more >>
The electronic version of this item was provided by the Wayne State University Press.
From the Publisher: A quirky and compelling collection of short stories set in and around Detroit, by award-winning local writer Michael Zadoorian.
As part of the great migration of southern blacks to the north, Sunnie Wilson came to Detroit from South Carolina after graduating from college, and soon became a pillar of the local music industry. He started out as a song and dance performer but found his niche as a local promoter of boxing, which allowed him to make friends and business connections quickly in the thriving industrial city of Detroit. Part oral history, memoir, and biography, Toast of the Town draws from hundreds of hours of ta…