Library; Branches. Scripps Library. exterior.
See more! Click to view other items that share this title
Some content, including the item here, have similar titles. This type of overlap many times has origins in the item's original physical form. For example, with the Virtual Motor City Collection, photographs were grouped in envelopes with a few descriptive words written on the front. Those words then formed the basis for titles.
Exterior view of the J.E. Scripps library designed by architect Albert Kahn in Detroit, Michigan. "The crowning glory of the house was the library added on the north side by Albert Kahn in 1898 ... Scripts insisted upon authenticity in the Gothic architecture of his library, modeled after the chapter house at Westminster Abbey, it contained a fine stone vault, the ribs of the vault branched out from a single clustered pier at the center towards the external buttresses between which there were narrow lancet windows, after Scripp's death the entire library structure was moved across Trumbull Avenue and joined to the former George G. Booth house to form the Scripps Branch Library."