Players Theater. - Exterior
Exterior view of the front of the Players Club on Jefferson Avenue in Detroit, Michigan. The theater was designed by Player's club member architects William Kapp (of Smith, Hinchman & Grylls Associates) in the style of 16th century English Renaissance, it opened in 1925. "The stone sculptor Corrado Parducci created the ten gargoyles that line the front of the building below the roofline and may have created the Player's crest above the entrance," from "Detroit on Stage: The Players Club, 1910-2005" by Marijean Levering. The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1987.