National Bank of Detroit. new bldg. exterior.

1959-09-25

View of Chase Tower (formerly the National Bank of Detroit) designed by Albert Kahn Associates in 1959 on Woodward Avenue in Detroit, Michigan. "Above the arcade stretches the checkered pattern of the curtain wall which encloses twelve additional stories of office space, marble was chosen as the material for the infill panels to harmonize with the nearby Civic Center, the spandrels were faced with gray porcelain enamel and the framing members were made of aluminum," from "The Buildings of Detroit" by W. Hawkins Ferry.


Additional Information