Institute of Arts. - Building. - Exterior views with Borglum’s statue of Lincoln in foreground.
Exterior view of the Detroit Institute of Arts on Woodward Avenue in Detroit, Michigan. "The DIA has been a beacon of culture for the Detroit area for well over a century. Founded in 1885, the museum was originally located on Jefferson Avenue, but, due to its rapidly expanding collection, moved to a larger site on Woodward Avenue in 1927. The new Beaux-Arts building, designed by Paul Cret, was immediately referred to as the "temple of art." Two wings were added in the 1960s and 1970s, and a major renovation and expansion that began in 1999 was completed in 2007," from the DIA's website.