Aerial; Ford Motor Co. ; Plants; River Rouge.

1933-06-04

Bird's-eye view of the Ford Motor Company River Rouge Plant in Dearborn, Michigan designed by architect, Albert Kahn. "Wasting no time on architectural niceties, he [Kahn] employed a steel frame with broad spans and walls that were unbroken expanses of glass, completed in 1917, Building B made architectural history ... in 1919 and 1920 coke ovens and blast furnaces were completed and in 1921 the power plant was added, the High Line running along the slip became part of a network of twenty-four miles of railroad tracks that serviced the buildings," from "The Buildings of Detroit: A History," by W. Hawkins Ferry.


Additional Information