Shubert Theater; Detroit. Exterior.
See more! Click to view other items that share this title
Some content, including the item here, have similar titles. This type of overlap many times has origins in the item's original physical form. For example, with the Virtual Motor City Collection, photographs were grouped in envelopes with a few descriptive words written on the front. Those words then formed the basis for titles.
Exterior view of the Shubert-Detroit Opera House at Campus Maritus in Detroit, Michigan with the Bagley Memorial Fountain in foreground. "The depot of the Detroit & Pontiac railway stood next to H.R. Andrews Railroad Hotel on the north side of Campus Martius in the mid 1800's, the same site housed the old Detroit Opera House, which opened March 29, 1869, and burned October 7, 1897, then became the Shubert-Detroit Opera House in 1920 and was closed as a theater in January 1931," from Detroit News article.