Penobscot Building; New. Laying Cornerstone Mr. William H. Murphy laying last stone
See more! Click to view other items that share this title
Some content, including the item here, have similar titles. This type of overlap many times has origins in the item's original physical form. For example, with the Virtual Motor City Collection, photographs were grouped in envelopes with a few descriptive words written on the front. Those words then formed the basis for titles.
Group of men pose for image as William H. Murphy holds the last stone for the newly built, Penobscot Building, designed by architect Wirt C. Rowland and completed in 1928 it was the tallest building in Detroit until 1977 when the Renaissance Center was completed.