Michigan; Cities; ; Howell.

1910-04-04

View of the Livingston County Courthouse, designed by A.E. French in Howell, Michigan. "The Livingston County Courthouse is a rectangular two-and-one-half-story Richardsonian Romanesque courthouse with walls of red brick and an exposed half-basement of rough-cut Ohio bluestone ashlar, the building numbers five-bays wide on two sides and three bays wide on the other two, a four-sided clock tower topped by a steeply pitched roof dominates the shingled, multi-gable, hipped-roof that is broken by dormers and parapets on each side, decorative elements include bluestone beltcourses, lintels, window hoods, and arched entryways, rich oak, maple, and murals ornament the interior ... the building, designed by Albert E. French of Detroit, replaced an older Greek Revival structure and was completed by Waterbury and Wright of Ionia in 1890," from Michigan Historic Sites Online.


Additional Information