Wayne State University; Buildings; McGregor Memorial, Dedication
See more! Click to view other items that share this title
Some content, including the item here, have similar titles. This type of overlap many times has origins in the item's original physical form. For example, with the Virtual Motor City Collection, photographs were grouped in envelopes with a few descriptive words written on the front. Those words then formed the basis for titles.
Circa 1950s. Groundbreaking of building. Date December 17,1956. Minoru Yamasaki and Associates, 1958. One of Yamasaki’s masterpieces and believed by many to be among Detroit’s finest buildings. The 2 story nearly symmetrical pavilion is sheathed in warm travertine marble. The interior contains 2 levels of conference rooms that are arranged to either side of a sky lighted entry hall and lounge which has the feeling of a gothic cathedral. A triangular geometric motif forms a decorative pattern throughout. The metal pattern recalls an Asian models of architecture and landscape design.