View of the John Kendall fireboat near Renaissance Center construction site

1973

Image of the John Kendall fireboat, which was operated by the Detroit Fire Department from 1930 to 1976, as it docked near the Ambassador Bridge. This photograph was taken approximately 2.5 miles southwest of the Renaissance Center construction site. The parking structure of Cobo Arena is seen in the distance and faint images of derricks can be seen in the same location.


Additional Information