Women's grey suede, four strap bootines from the early twentieth century
A pair of woman's grey suede, four strap bootines with cut steel bead decoration on the front, and buttons across the instep. The shoes have a cut out section on the front of vamp, and are lined with white kid. Stamped: Sorosis. Purchased at Sorosis Shoe Shop in the David Whitney Building, from Mr. Henry Elliot, c. 1912-1915. They belonged to the donor's mother Jessie Alcorn Widner Colton (Mrs. Clark E. Colton), born February 14, 1870, married April, 1892, died December 4, 1953 (Tucson, Arizona). She lived at 4546 Commonwealth, Detroit. Mrs Colton was a member of the Louisa St. Clair Chapter-D.A.R. Founders and Patriots Society, Detroit.