Women's golden brown plush cloak from the nineteenth century

1888-1892

This woman's golden brown plush cloak was purchased at Newcomb Endicott. The ankle length coat is single breasted with twelve mother of pearl buttons. Tight sleeves with slight puff at shoulder, rounded stand-up collar edged with rust color ostrich feathers. Shaped for bustle in the back, and slit from hem to waist. Yoke, sleeves, front, slit, and hem are decorated with black braid in an elaborate pattern. Lined with brown satin. Worn by donor's cousin, Augusta D. Von Schrader, a Detroit schoolteacher. Fur Trim. Au Bon Marche.


Additional Information